The Smartphone Application handles with:
- Data communication over NFC
- Data communication over Bluetooth
- Commands interpretation
The system implemented on the AP SoC is described as follows:
- NFC Communication Block : Realised by an I2C driver in order to establish connection with the NXP - OM23221ARD board.
- Bluetooth Communication Block : Realised by an UART driver in order to establish connection with the PmodBT2 shield.
- Game and Graphical Engine
- HDMI Cisplay Controller
- Micro SD Controller
At the moment, the Sweep 'n' Play console contains a Pong game that support VGA display. A dedicated gamepad is also available on the smartphone application.
Firstly, get the best component that you need. Develop the mobile application in order to have a gamepad to play with, and transmit commands by Bluetooth communication (Android Studio). At the same time develop an IP on the FPGA to get the information from the Bluetooth shield and another one IP for NFC shield (VIVADO). Then, program a simple game like Brick Breaker or Pong and implement them in the FPGA. After then implement the HDMI display controller. Finally, you only need to display it on screen. Enjoy the game.