What is the Digital Discovery?
The Digilent Digital Discovery™ is a combined logic analyzer, protocol analyzer, and pattern generator instrument that was created to be the ultimate embedded development companion compatible with a wide variety of digital systems. Digital Discovery was designed to optimize channels, speed, and portability. A small form factor facilitates easy storage and provides a whole suite of advanced features to allow you to debug, visualize, and simulate digital signals for most embedded projects.
Digital Signals Meet Flexibility
Digital signals are prolific in the engineering world making conveniently interpreting and producing digital signals a critical part of the engineers benchtop. Traditional logic analyzers are typically designed for a specific system with set specifications. The Digital Discovery was designed to be the most flexible logic analyzer on the market, able to be reconfigured on the fly at the touch of a button. Test one design with all 32 channels at 3.3V, then switch to another design requiring the maximum sample rate at the full 800 MS/s and any other logic level between 1.2V and 3.3V, all with the same device.
Digital inputs and outputs can be connected to a circuit using simple wire probes or breadboard wires; alternatively, the Digital Discovery High Speed Adapter and impedance-matched probes can be used ensure signal integrity on higher speed signals.
The Digital Discovery is designed for anyone embarking on embedded development; with features and specifications deliberately chosen to maintain a small and portable form factor, withstand use in a variety of environments all powered by our free software, WaveForms.
- 32-channel digital logic analyzer (1.2…3.3V CMOS, 8 channels at 800MS/s*, 16 channels at 400MS/s*, and 32 channels at 200MS/s)
- 11 Built in Interpreters, Custom Interpreters available via scripting
- Protocol Analyzer Featuring Digital Bus Analyzers (SPI, I²C, UART, CAN, AVR)
- 16-channel pattern generator (1.2…3.3V CMOS, 100MS/s)
- 16-channel virtual digital I/O including buttons, switches, and LEDs – perfect for logic training applications
- 4-channel programmable power supply of 1.2…3.3V/100mA. The same voltage supplies the Logic Analyzer input buffers and the Pattern Generator input/output buffers, for keeping the logic level compatibility with the circuit under test.
- All Inputs and Outputs Programmable
- Selectable Digital IO pulls
- Selectable Drive, Slew, Pull and Frequency