What is the Analog Discovery 2?
Digilent Analog Discovery 2 is a USB oscilloscope, logic analyzer, and multi-function instrument that allows users to measure, visualize, generate, record, and control mixed-signal circuits of all kinds. Developed in conjunction with Analog Devices and supported by Xilinx University Program. This test and measurement device is small enough to fit in your pocket, but powerful enough to replace a stack of lab equipment, providing engineering professionals, students, hobbyists. and electronic enthusiasts the freedom to work with analog and digital circuits in virtually any environment, in or out of the lab. The analog and digital inputs and outputs can be connected to a circuit using simple wire probes; alternatively, the Analog Discovery BNC Adapter and BNC probes can be used to connect and utilize the inputs and outputs.
Driven by the free WaveForms software (Mac, Linux, and Windows compatible) software, Analog Discovery 2 can be configured to work as any one of several traditional test and measurement instruments including an Oscilloscope, Waveform Generator, Power Supply, Voltmeter, Data Logger, Logic Analyzer, Pattern Generator, Static I/O, Spectrum Analyzer, Network Analyzer, Impedance Analyzer, and Protocol Analyzer.
The Analog Discovery 2 is designed to be a portable alternative to a stack of benchtop equipment. It's durable enclosure measures (3.23 inch x 3.25 inch x7/8inch) and fits in a pocket. The Analog Discovery can be connected to circuits and designs via the included female flywires, or used in conjunction with the included gender changers when a male connection is necessary.
Accessories can be purchased separately to provide additional functionality, such as the BNC Adapter for higher bandwidth and BNC connectors, or the Breadboard Adapter and Breadboard Breakout for a direct connection to the breadboard, or the Impedance Analyzer for additional Impedance measurement functionality. The Analog Discovery 2 comes packaged in a durable project box that will fit all the included accessories and some additional adapter boards. The project box measures (7" x 5.75" x 1.5") and provides even more durability when stashing your portable Oscilloscope and multi-function instrument in your backpack or briefcase.
For improved Power Supplies, integrated BNC connectors and a replaceable breadboardable interface check out the Analog Discovery Studio.
- Two-channel USB digital oscilloscope (1MΩ, ±25V, differential, 14-bit, 100MS/s, 30MHz+*)
- Two-channel arbitrary waveform generator (±5V, 14-bit, 100MS/s, 12MHz+ bandwidth*)
- 16-channel digital logic analyzer (3.3V CMOS and 1.8V or 5V tolerant, 100MS/s)
- 16-channel pattern generator (3.3V CMOS, 100MS/s)
- 16-channel virtual digital I/O including buttons, switches, displays, and LEDs, which is perfect for logic training applications
- Two input/output digital trigger signals for linking multiple instruments or providing an external trigger source
- Two channel voltmeter
- Network Analyzer with Bode, Nyquist, Nichols transfer diagrams of a circuit. The Network Analyzer has a range of 1Hz to 10MHz
- Spectrum Analyzer capable of power spectrum and spectral measurements (noise floor, SFDR, SNR, THD, etc.)
- Data Logger with exportable data and plot functionality
- Impedance Analyzer for analyzing capacitive and inductive elements
- Protocol Analyzer with SPI, I2C, CAN, AVR, and UART
- Two programmable power supplies (0.5V to 5V , -0.5V to -5V). The maximum available output current and power depend on the Analog Discovery 2 powering choice.
- Stereo audio amplifier to drive external headphones or speakers with replicated Arbitrary Waveform Generator signals
- An available Software Development Kit for programming with Python and C++, and a toolkit for programming with LabVIEW.
- MATLAB support for the Data Acquisition Toolbox
What is WaveForms?
The following instruments are available in the WaveForms application for the Analog Discovery Studio:
- Waveform Generator
- Power Supplies
- Data Logger
- Logic Analyzer
- Pattern Generator
- Static I/O
- Spectrum Analyzer
- Network Analyzer
- Impedance Analyzer
- Protocol Analyzer
For even more customization potential, the WaveForms Software Development Kit (SDK) can be used to create custom applications and scripts in Python, C, and additional languages. The Analog Discovery 2 is also compatible with LabVIEW and the Mathworks MATLAB Data Acquisition Toolbox.
No projects here yet! Create the first project using Analog Discovery 2