Software apps and online services
Covid-19 can be best prevented by Social Distancing and regular Sanitization. To stop the spread, everything which comes in contact with others need to be sanitized. Doorbell is one such case which poses the risk of spread of Infection.
What if we make the doorbell handsfree, a person just need to raise his hand in front of the sensor and the buzzer will beep. LED will indicate that person that the buzzer is ON.
Owner will also have the advantage of getting notified through SMS whenever someone rings the doorbell.How this Project works?
Initially when no-one is in-front of doorbell, the output of IR Sensor is 1 (digital) and buzzer and LED are in OFF State.
Whenever, someone puts the hand in front of the IR sensor, It is sensed by IR Sensor and send by bolt WiFi module to the BoltCloud.
On detecting the decrease in the sensor value (That is sensor value changed to 0), Buzzer and LED are turned ON. SMS alert is sent to the owner's phone with the help of Twillo.
When someone leaves, IR value again increases and LED and Buzzer are Turned off.Steps
(Refer to circuit diagram for reference)
1. Connecting IR Sensor
- VCC of IR to 3v3 volt pin of Bolt wifi module
- GND of IR to GND of Bolt wifi Module
- Output pin of IR to pin '0' of Bolt Wifi Module
2. Connecting Buzzer
- VCC of Buzzer to Pin '1' of Bolt Wifi Module
- GND of Buzzer to GND of Bolt Wifi Module
3. Connecting LED
- VCC of LED to one end of resistor and other end of resistor to Pin '1' of Bolt Wifi Module
- GND of LED to GND of Bolt Wifi Module
(LED and Buzzer are connected in parallel)
- Visit https://www.twilio.com/ .
- Create account by clicking sign up, fill required details.
- Confirm your email.
- You will need to authenticate your phone number on which the sms alerts will be notified.
- Enter the code sent to your phone
- When prompted " Do you write code?" Click yes
- Select python as your programming language
- When prompted "What is your target today? "Choose" Twilio as a project.
- When prompted "What do you want to do first? "Choose" Send or receive a message.
- My First Twilio Project Dashboard page will open. Now you can Edit your Project as "My Project".
- Get a trial number and save it somewhere and then choose to use this number.
- You will see the ACCOUNT SID and AUTH TOKEN
- We will need both of these so save them somewhere.
- Connect bolt wifi module to the power supply using USB A to micro-USB cable.
- connect the bolt wifi module with the hotspot
- Run Handsfree_Buzzer.py file
- put your hand in front of IR Sensor and see the results.
(As in code I have kept the delay of 4 seconds so output may need max 4 sec to show the output. You can also keep this delay to 1 sec.)
In this Project we were able to ring the doorbell without even touching it, which is beneficial for Covid-19 Safety.
Person ringing the doorbell is aware that the doorbell is ringing by the LED light.
Owner is notified on phone through the SMS Service that someone just ringed the doorbell.
This project may become more useful when used with the CCTV camera as:
- When no one is at home and someone rings the doorbell then owner will be notified of it.
- Owner will have the advantage of knowing who ringed the doorbell, at exact same moment and make take necessary steps and actions.
- It will also act as a preventive measure against thief, as if and when someone passes in front of the doorbell it will ring and owner will also be notified of the same.
- Now, you can rely on this whenever you are out, without any thought of security.