Criminals have always been a problem when it comes to trespassing someone’s private space. During the years, there have been different methods (from human resources to electronic resources) to secure the places when in need and notify the owner (or other parts) of changes.
The presented security system is one of the possible solutions to monitor a space. The system can be accessed and controlled only by the owner via a website, which means that it is accessible by laptop/phone. Therefore, the system allows you to connect to it only through a user account when the IP of the Raspberry PI is known and the device is running.
When the user is logged on, he/she is able to see the following in the interface:
- The state of the security system: whether it is active or not
- A button which allows you to activate or deactivate the system
- A piece of information about the Raspberry PI: memory, GPU and temperature
- The value of the motion factor
- The motion factor is used in motion detection
- The motion is detected if the factor is equal or greater than 10000
- It increases/decreases based on how much motion is caught on camera
- The state of the motion: whether there is detected motion or not
- Two images which update constantly
- The first one shows the real view caught by the camera
- The second one shows the motion – in the first instance, this image is black, but when motion is detected the image is outlined
- A button which allows the user to log out and go back to the login page
In order to keep track of what is happening in the secured area, the system uses a camera. When the system is turned on, based on the motion caught on camera, an alarm is used to signal the changes in the supervised area. Accordingly, the alarm goes on when motion is detected and it can be turned off by the user by deactivating the system or it automatically goes off when there is no more movement encountered.
Raspberry Pi with USB webcam and HDMI connected display
The user interface when the alarm is not active
The user interface when the alarm is active