Software apps and online services
LabVIEW supports many different data types including booleans, numerics, strings arrays and many more. LabVIEW distinguishes different data types using the color and style of the data wire.
Booleans have only two possible values: True or False and are indicated by green data wires.
Numerics have many sizes and representations:
- Integers can be signed or unsigned whole numbers and are indicated by blue data wires.
- Doubles and Singles are signed numbers with a decimal component and are indicated by orange data wires.
- A numeric's size is indicated in bits and determines the range of possible values.
Strings are sequences of characters and are indicated by pink data wires.
Arrays are a groups of one data type and are indicated by thicker data wires.
- A 1 dimensional array can be thought of as a column.
- A 2 dimensional array can be thought of as a table of rows and columns.
- A 3 dimensional array can be thought of as pages of tables.
Clusters are a groups of various data types and indicated by a thick brown data wire.
Error Cluster is a special type of cluster used to indicate warnings and errors. Error clusters are composed of a boolean status, a numeric error code, and a string source.