Software apps and online services
Hand tools and fabrication machines
This makes up a drug free method wherein anyone who has been suffering from a minor pain due to a small injury or a strain happened for any reason can be proven as a pain relief. Let's say an athlete who has been in pain since a while due to falling upon his weight entirely on shoulders, so it's plausible he might have had a strain, to make sure he doesn't drain his energy while overcoming pain he could get an instant relief by just putting the gel electrodes/pads on/near the injured site and just switch the biomedical device ON via the BOLTIOT mobile app. And could get relief in merely 3-4 minutes. Followed by turning the device off using the mobile phone he must be carrying through the bolt IOT device. The entire process remains automated.Science behind electrotherapy
In general pain due to a strain or muscle injury is due to the painful signals which are impulsated by stimulation nerve. These signals show its effect in form of pain when it is stimulated from nerve to brain.
In order to serve a purpose of eliminating pain we are either supposed to block the painful signals impulsating from nerve to the brain or create some sort of non existing artificially created neutral signals. This would ultimately reult in superposition of the painful signals and artificially created neutral signals.Insight
The biomedical device is categorized such that it could be used in a couple of cases. The classification is done on basis of the frequency of current.
Low frequency: When the device is set such that the output obtains a constant current signal with frequency lying between 2 to 4 hz. This will help the body produce its own endorphins and increase local blood flow to relieve pain ( this can last for hours ).
High frequency : Frequency range lie between 80 to 100 Hz. This blocks the pain impulses by neutralizing them and going to the brain.
Here we'd be using the high frequency method.
Usage of 3-6 minutes would be more than enough to heal/reduce the pain ( but that would depend on the severity of the injury too).Use of 555 IC and generation of square wave :
The ratio of the high period to the total period of a square wave is called the duty cycle. A true square wave has a 50% duty cycle - equal high and low periods. The average level of a square wave is also given by the duty cycle, so by varying the on and off periods and then averaging, it is possible to represent any value between the two limiting levels. This is the basis of pulse width modulation.Building high frequency electro-cunvulser
Construct a circuit similar to that provided in schematics. I'd provide the circuit diagram along.
Solder all the necessary components. I've inserted two 555 timer ICs in case one of them burns out, the other could be used as an alternative.
placing the 555 timer in the center of the project and then build arround it.A close up look of the Diagram will show you how the Pins from 1 to 8 on the 555 Timer is connected up.
This is the close up part :
Solder all the components and both the gel electrodes as per the circuit diagram.Hardware Assembling and cloud setting up
1. Connect the 5V supply pin and GND of the Bolt to the 5V and GND pins of the relay module.
2. Connect any one of the digital pin i.e (0-4) of the Bolt to the IN/REL pin of the relay module.
3. Connect the negative terminal of the circuit(to which the negative electrode is connected) to the COM pin of the relay module.
4. Connect the positive terminal of the circuit(to which the positive electrode is connected )to the NO pin of the relay module
5. Create an account on cloud and then login via pc/laptop
Reference: cloud.boltiot.comUploading the code:
1. Visit cloud.botiot.com and login with your account credentials.
2. Click on 'Product' tab and create a product as shown.
3. Configure the product.
4. Upload the code and save the configuration.
NOTE: Make sure correct digital pin is used in the code.
NOTE: Save the configuration before proceeding.
5. Link the Bolt to the product.
6. Click on 'View this device'
7. Click on ON button to switch ON the device and click on OFF button to switch OFF the device.
1. Power up the Bolt device and ensure that it is connected to the cloud.
2. Connect the electro convulser circuit fabricated as per the connections explained above( you can refer to schematic below too).
3. Login into your account on cloud.boltiot.com and go to your product and click ' View the action' button.
4. Now control the device switching using the ON/OFF button over the internet to make smart device.Conjugate working of the system(cloud + device)
The working of the system is very simple and easy.
The system uses a simple use of API (Application Program Interface) call that turns the state of the digital pin to HIGH or LOW. The state of this pin is further used to switch the relay ON or OFF. And this API call is activated when you press the button on the browser.
While the switch button is ON:
When the relay is in OFF state it breaks the circuit between the device fabricated and the power supply result of which the device is turned off whereas when the relay is in ON state it completes the circuit connection between device fabricated and power supply as a result of which device is turned ON.