The irrigation system, developed with Arduino and CC1310 mounted on customized boards, gives the user the possibility to irrigate his garden, plants and land independently and safely. The system is based on an MCT-X.IP5 Gateway connected to Arduino via RX / TX and 868Mhz radio communication with the MCT-X.IP5 sensor that will flash as soon as it receives the irrigation command. The hardware used is the following : MCT-X.IP5 GW, MCT-X.IP5 SENSOR, Arduino, Display LCD 16x2, Relay shield, LED, Potentiometer, RTC3232, Keypad 4x4, Pump 5V, Battery 9V, Battery 2032.
The main functions of the irrigation system are:
• The user can navigate the menu with the A-B keys and with the C key can select the desired choice.
• Irrigation Now : It offers the possibility to immediately water your soil or plant with key 1.
• Set Irrigation : With keys 1 to 3 you can choose how often the soil is to be irrigated. The software has these pre-established choices (1 = Every day at 10AM, 2 = Every two days at 10AM, 3 = Every Monday at 10AM). Times that can be changed according to your needs.
• Irrigation Timer : By selecting this item you can set the irrigation time with keys 1 to 4. The times are as follows (1 = 1 minute, 2 = 45 seconds, 3 = 30 seconds, 4 = 15 seconds). By default the system is set to 1 minute. Time can be changed to suit your needs.
• Find Sprinkler : The user selecting this choice can check if the irrigation sensor is correctly connected to the system. This can be done by pressing the C key. • During operation, the display will show the time and outdoor temperature of the MCT-X.IP5 Sensor.